Orlando is a city in central Florida.
|no tourist information on Wikidata:|
The city is part of the Greater Orlando Metropolitan Area, which covers Orange County, Seminole County and Osceola County. The Greater Orlando Metropolitan Area's most important tourist factor are the gigantic amusement parks in the southwest, some of which (Universal and SeaWorld) are still located in the Orlando area, others (Disney World) are located on the neighboring town of Lake Buena Vista.
The Orlando International Airport (IATA code MCO), some 10 km southeast of Downtown Orlando, is one of the busiest airports in the USA with numerous national and international connections. Lufthansa operates non-stop flights from Frankfurt/Main.
As most travelers travel with a rental car or can be picked up by a hotel shuttle, public transport is underdeveloped. There is a city bus to various destinations in Downtown Orlando and Disney World, as well as taxis and commercial shuttle services. An overview is available here.
A railway line is under construction and is expected to be operational in 2020 [obsolete].
See also: Trains in the USA The long-distance trains Silver Meteor and Silver Star travel to Orlando once a day on their journey from New York (Penn. Stn) via Philadelphia (30th St. Stn), Washington DC (Union Stn), Savannah on their journey to Tampa and Miami respectively.
The train station is about two kilometers south of Downtown Orlando (1400 Sligh Blvd) and has the standard of a German suburban station (platform roof, ticket office, departure).
On the street
theme and theme parks
Walt Disney World
The main attraction of Orlando is Walt Disney World. The most visited tourist attraction in the world (52.5 million visitors per year). Located 20 minutes south-west of downtown, the complex is 10,117 hectares and includes 4 theme parks, 2 water parks, several theaters, 24 theme hotels and the shopping and nightlife complex Downtown Disney.
- The oldest park in the complex (opened in 1971). Designed for families with younger children, the park is full of well-known Disney motifs. The famous Cinderella Castle, a reproduction of the cartoon from 1950, can be seen here. The park has 6 areas: Main Street U.S.A., Adventureland (Disney Adventure Motifs), Frontierland (Wildwest Motives), Liberty Square (American History Motives), Fantasyland (Disney Cinema Topics), and Tomorrowland (Science Fiction Motives). The Wishes Firework is considered the best attraction of the entire Disney World complex. (Wikipedia). Price: Day ticket $95 (children 3-9 years $89). Magic Kingdom.
- amusement park with science and technology topics. The EPCOT park, which opened in 1982 (short: "Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow") is twice the size of the Magic Kingdom. The IllumiNations show, which combines fireworks, lasers, water, fire and light, is held every evening in the park: Reflection of Earth, considered one of the best in the city. (Wikipedia). Price: Day ticket $90 (children 3-9 years $84). EPCOT.
- The park opened in 1989 with film themes. In an amphitheater with 6,900 seats, every evening after dark, the show Fantasmic is performed, which is one of the most popular attractions of the Disney World complex. (Wikipedia). Price: Day ticket $95 (children 3-9 years $89). Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Opened in 1998, the fourth park of the complex. With an area of over 200 hectares, it is the largest park. Its theme is the conservation of the wildlife and the whole is a zoo or wildlife park with lots of entertainment spectacles. (Wikipedia). Price: Day ticket $95 (children 3-9 years $89). Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Disney's Typhoon Lagoon). The older of the two water parks in Disney World. (Wikipedia). Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park (
- The younger of the two water parks. (Wikipedia). Disney's Blizzard Beach.
- 1490 E Buena Vista Dr., Lake Buena Vista. Shopping, nightlife and entertainment district on the eastern edge of Walt Disney World. There is also a theater where the Cirque du Soleil show La Nouba is constantly performed. According to Tripadvisor, this is the best show in Orlando. (Wikipedia). Price: Tickets starting at $67.10 (children 3-9 starting at $55.38). Downtown Disney,
Spaceship Earth (EPCOT)
Hollywood Boulevard (Disney’s Hollywood Studios)
Tree of Life (Disney’s Animal Kingdom)
Walt Disney World's direct competitor is Universal Orlando. two theme parks (Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios), a nightlife complex (Universal CityWalk) and three luxury hotels belonging to the Loews Group. The Universal Parks include travel shops and elaborate pseudo-film backgrounds. The Tripadvisor considers that the two parks, in particular the Islands of Adventure, are more entertaining than those of Disney; Disney offers the best shows. The Universal complex is located 10 minutes south-west of Downtown Orlando.
- Universal's Islands of Adventure), 6000 Universal Blvd. Popular park with themes from well-known movies. (Wikipedia). Price: Tickets starting at $92 (children 3-9 starting at $86). Universal’s Islands of Adventure (
- In 1990, an amusement park with themes from film and television. (Wikipedia). Price: Tickets starting at $92 (children 3-9 starting at $86). Universal Studios.
- 6000 Universal Boulevard. A complex of restaurants, bars, clubs and music stages, which only comes to life in the evening. Universal CityWalk,
The Incredible Hulk Coaster (Islands of Adventure)
Hollywood (Universal Studios)
The Seaworld complex is located 20 minutes south-west of Downtown Orlando, on the outskirts of the I-4 motorway.
- 6000 Discovery Cove Way. Small water park of the Seaworld group. A tropical island. Visitors can swim with dolphins under the guidance of a trainer or snorkel with rays and other fish. According to Tripadvisor the most attractive park in Orlando, and even better than Universal Orlando and Disney World. (Wikipedia). Price: Daytime tickets (all inclusive) $259-319 (excluding Dolphin Swim $169-219). Prior reservation required. Discovery Cove,
- 7007 Sea World Dr. Large Amusement Park with marine mammals (whales, dolphins, walruses, etc.) and many other marine animals, 1 1 travel and other entertainment. According to Tripadvisor, it is not worth traveling, but people who really like to look at animals may have a different view. (Wikipedia). Price: Tickets $82 (children 3-9 $77). SeaWorld,
- 5800 Water Play Way. The large water park opened in 2008 with water slides, flow channels, wave baths and other fun facilities. The main attraction is a transparent tube that allows you to slide through a lagoon with dolphins and other aquatic animals. (Wikipedia). Price: Tickets $46 (children 3-9 $41). Aquatica,
Aquarium in SeaWorld
Dolphins in SeaWorld
roller coaster in SeaWorld
flow channel in Aquatica
- 14501 South Orange Blossom Trail. In the south of Orlando, this special zoo is especially popular with families with children, where you can study, among other things, the difference between a crocodile and an alligator. Price: Entry $26.99 (children 3-12 $33.99). Gatorland,
- 5700 Fun Spot Way. A quarter of an hour south-west of downtown is this amusement park with car shops. The only advantage of this attraction is that access is free. It is paid per trip. Fun Spot,
There are 277 churches in Orlando. The Baptists are the most represented with 78 municipalities. The Protestant Church with 60 church buildings followed by the Catholic Church with 2 churches and 1 chapel.
- Basilica of Mary, Queen of the Universe), 8300 Vineland Avenue. Modern church, extremely popular with the Catholic community. Basilica of the National Shrine of Mary, Queen of the Universe (
- Orlando Science Center, 777 E Princeton St. Just north of downtown, this large technology museum is particularly interesting for families with children. (Wikipedia). Opened: daily except Mi 10.00 - 17.00. Price: Entry $19 (children 3-11 $13, senior citizens 55 $17 and older.
streets and squares
- International Drive. In the south-west of Orlando, this 17-mile road, with numerous hotels and restaurants, is one of the main attractions of Orlando. The drive starts 13 minutes southwest of Downtown Orlando at the Orlando Premium Outlets, cuts Universal Boulevard twice (which you can drive here instead because it passes through the Universal Park complex), then touches the SeaWorld complex, and only gets belangless from Vineland Avenue. If you still don't have enough, head over to the other side of I-4, where the Disney World complex begins.
- 195 N Rosalind Avenue. The most beautiful park in town, and for nothing. Lake Eola Park,
- Orlando Shakespeare Theater
- 6805 Visitors Circle, near Florida Center. In this room you can try "indoor skydiving", which means weightlessness over a large propeller. iFly Orlando,
- AirHeads Trampoline Area, 33 W Pineloch Ave, 6 minutes south of downtown. hop trampoline until you wind. Access and access is free; If you want to hop, buy $2.85 special socks and pay $16.95 for one day.
- 8001 S Orange Blossom Trail. Big shopping mall in the south of Orlando with noble addresses such as Nordstrom and Saks Fifth Avenue. Foodcourt with some interesting options that don't exist in other malls. Florida Mall,
- Downtown Disney Marketplace, 1676 E Buena Vista Drive. Big Lego store with game options. One of the few places in Orlando where children can be employed (at least in theory) without spending money. Lego Store Disney Springs,
- Wasabi Modern Japanese Cuisine, 8001 S Orange Blossom Trail, in the Florida Mall. The only sushi-go-round in the region. If you are blessed with children who like raw fish, you won't get around this restaurant.
- Motel 6 Orlando - International Drive, 5909 American Way. Tel: , Fax: +1 407 352-5481.
- Motel 6 Orlando - Winter Park, 5300 Adanson Road. Tel: , Fax: +1 407 647-1016.
- (Universal Studios) Microtel Inn & Suites, 7531 Canada Avenue. Tel: , Fax: +1 407 226 9877.
- Best Western Airport Inn, 8101 Aircenter Ct. Tel.: , Fax: +1 407 581-2810.
- Best Western MovieLand Orlando, 6233 International Drive. Tel: , tel. toll free: , Fax: +1 407 363 5119.
- Best Western Orlando East Inn, 8750 E Colonial Drive. Tel: , Fax: +1 407 282 0416.
- Best Western Orlando West, 2014 W Colonial Drive. Tel: , tel. toll free: , Fax: +1 407 843 7080.
- Best Western Plaza International, 8738 International Drive. Tel: , tel. toll free: , Fax: +1 407 352-8196.
- Best Western Universal Inn, 5618 Vineland Road. Tel: , Fax: +1 407 370-2448.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando International Drive, 7495 Canada Avenue. Tel: , Fax: +1 407 351-0052.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Near Universal Orlando IU Resort, 5614 Vineland Road. Tel: , tel. toll free: , Fax: +1 407 581-5601.
- Fairfield Inn Orlando Airport, 7100 Augusta National Drive. Tel: , Fax: +1 407 888-8464.
- Fairfield Inn Orlando Lake Buena Vista in the Marriott Village, 8623 Vineland Avenue. Tel: , tel. toll free: , Fax: +1 407 938 9002.
- Hawthorne Suites, 7450 Augusta National Drive. Tel: , Fax: +1 407 438-2275.
- Hawthorne Suites, 7601 Canada Avenue. Tel: , Fax: +1 407 581-2152.
- Hawthorne Suites, 6435 Westwood Blvd. Tel: , Fax: +1 407 351-1977.
- Holiday Inn, 6515 International Dr. Tel.: .
- Holiday Inn Express, 8686 Palm Pkwy. Tel: .
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 8820 pp. Orange Blossom Trail. Tel: .
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 7900 Conway Road. Tel: .
- Courtyard Orlando Airport, 7155 North Frontage Road. Tel: , Fax: +1 407 240-8962.
- Courtyard Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland, 1750 Pembrook Drive. Tel: , Fax: +1 407 659 9101.
- Courtyard Orlando Downtown, 730 North Magnolia Avenue. Tel: , tel. toll free: , Fax: +1 407 996-1001.
- Courtyard Orlando East/UCF, 12000 Collegiate Way. Tel: , Fax: +1 407 277 5710.
- Courtyard Orlando International Drive/Convention Center, 8600 Austrian Court. Tel: , Fax: +1 407 351-3306.
- Courtyard Orlando Lake Buena Vista in the Marriott Village, 8623 Vineland Avenue. Tel: , tel. toll free: , Fax: +1 407 938 9002.
- Crowne Plaza Hotel, 555 Hazeltine National Dr. Tel.: .
- Crowne Plaza Hotel, 7800 Universal Boulevard. Tel: .
- Crowne Plaza Resort, 12000 International Drive. Tel: .
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, 5905 Kirkman Rd. Tel: .
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, 8214 Universal Blvd. Tel: .
- Holiday Inn Select, 12125 High Tech Ave. Tel: .
- Holiday Inn Select, 5750 T. G. Lee Blvd. Tel: .
- Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista, 13351 St Rt 535. Tel: .
- Horizons by Marriott Vacation Club at Orlando, 7102 Grand Horizons Boulevard. Tel: , Fax: +1 407 465-6267.
- JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes, 4040 Central Florida Parkway. Tel: , tel. toll free: , Fax: +1 407 206 2301.
- Marriott's Cypress Harbor, A Marriott Vacation Club Resort, 11251 Harbor Villa Road. Tel: , Fax: +1 407 238-1083.
- Marriott's Grande Vista, A Marriott Vacation Club Resort, 5925 Avenida Vista. Tel: , Fax: +1 407 238 0900.
- Marriott's Imperial Palm Villas, 8404 Vacation Way. Tel: , Fax: +1 407 238 6247.
- Marriott's Royal Palms, A Marriott Vacation Club Resort, 8404 Vacation Way. Tel: , Fax: +1 407 238 6247.
- Marriott's Sabal Palms, A Marriott Vacation Club Resort, 8805 World Center Drive. Tel: , Fax: +1 407 238 6219.
- Nickelodeon Family Suites by Holiday Inn, 14500 Continental Gateway. Tel: .
- Orlando Airport Marriott, 7499 Augusta National Drive. Tel: , tel. toll free: , Fax: +1 407 857 6211.
- Orlando Marriott Downtown, 400 West Livingston Street. Tel: , tel. toll free: , Fax: +1 407 648-5414.
- Orlando World Center Marriott Resort & Convention Center, 8701 World Center Drive. Tel: , tel. toll free: , Fax: +1 407 238-8777.
- Renaissance Orlando Hotel Airport, 5445 Forbes Place. Tel: , Fax: +1 407 240-1005.
- Renaissance Orlando Resort at SeaWorld, 6677 Sea Harbor Drive. Tel: , tel. toll free: , Fax: +1 407 351-9991.
- Residence Inn Orlando Convention Center, 8800 Universal Blvd. Tel: , tel. toll free: , Fax: +1 407 226 9979.
- Residence Inn Orlando East/UCF, 11651 University Blvd. Tel: , tel. toll free: , Fax: +1 407 513-9001.
- Residence Inn Orlando International Drive, 7975 Canada Avenue. Tel: , tel. toll free: , Fax: +1 407 352 2689.
- Residence Inn Orlando Lake Buena Vista, 11450 Marbella Palm Court. Tel: , Fax: +1 407 465 0050.
- Residence Inn Orlando SeaWorld/International Center, 11000 Westwood Boulevard. Tel: , tel. toll free: , Fax: +1 407 313-3611.
- SpringHill Suites Orlando Airport, 7024 Hazeltine Drive.
- SpringHill Suites Orlando Convention Center/International Drive Area, 8840 Universal Boulevard. Tel: , tel. toll free: , Fax: +1 407 345-9075.
- SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village, 8623 Vineland Ave. Tel: , tel. toll free: , Fax: +1 407 938-4995.
- Staybridge Suites, 8480 International Drive. Tel: .
- Staybridge Suites, 8751 Suiteside Drive. Tel: .
- TownePlace Suites Orlando East/UCF, 11801 High Tech Avenue. Tel: , Fax: +1 407 243 6111.
- Kennedy Space Center, Merritt Island. The journey time is about 1 hour when traffic is calm.